Friday, September 5, 2008

Mama! Dophie no wear Diapers




Sorry for the lack of updates, life as always, has been crazy. I will fill you in on the fast details and get back later when I can fill you in on the impact of Gustav on our families. '






Sophie got her bright pink cast off last Thursday, I have never bathed her so much in my life! She did great with it, and surprised the doctor by running out of the office. She has developed quite a limp, so we took her back in today. Her bone, in order to heal, has created a thicker bone around the original broken bone (this is apparently how bones heal). So, the thicker bone isn't feeling right against the normal bone in her toe. Its causing her to buckle her big toe under when she walks. He said she will eventually get used to how it feels. So, good news because I was terrifed of a new cast. Mainly because.....


Sophie has decided she WILL NOT wear diapers anymore. This doesn't mean anything but what it sounds like. She hits the potty about 50 percent of the time, the other 50 percent, she pees on herself, then has a fit that she is "yucky" until we bathe her. Today I took her to get pretty panties since she really prefers to be naked and it isn't feasible all of the time. She LOVES them!!! She has pranced around all afternoon in them. I have to say, they are the tiniest things I have seen, and her little hiney is precious in them!!!! This afternoon, she woke up from her nap and told me "Mama! Dophie no wear diapers!" That's when I put her in the new panties.


So, more later............

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my...you and your adventures! :)